Jacksonville Symphony Community Side-by-Side
The Jacksonville Symphony invites you to play with the pros! Mingle with the musicians backstage at Jacoby Symphony Hall, see your name on the official orchestra roster, play in rehearsals and perform a concert with the full Jacksonville Symphony. The Jacksonville Symphony Community Side-By-Side offers amateur instrumentalists—everyone from college students to retirees—the exciting opportunity to perform side by side with the superbly talented musicians of the Jacksonville Symphony. Don’t miss your chance to shine on the Jacoby Symphony Hall stage!
- Rehearsals: March 20 & 21, 7:00PM-9:30PM
- Performance: March 22, 7:30PM
- No audition necessary.
- Registrants must be age 18 or older.
- Registrants must be able to read music and play a standard orchestra instrument.
- The deadline to register is February 15th. No late registrations will be accepted.
- A non-refundable participation fee of $100 will be submitted with registration. The fee must be submitted before February 24th in order to remain eligible.
- Participants must guarantee availability for the specified dates in the event they are chosen for the Jacksonville Symphony Community Side-By-Side.
- Participation requires regular and punctual attendance at all rehearsals, absence at any required events may result in immediate dismissal from the program.
- Registration does not guarantee a spot in the Jacksonville Symphony Community Side-By-Side. Acceptance is limited to space, available on a first-come, first-served basis. If not accepted, registration fees will be returned.
- The Jacksonville Symphony reserves the right to photograph, record, use, and copy all Jacksonville Symphony activities for educational, archival, and/or promotional purposes.
- The Jacksonville Symphony does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, color or national or ethnic origin, parental or marital status, and age or disability in the selection of participants.
- Email will be the primary form of communication.
- To participate, registrants must be fully vaccinated in accordance with CDC guidelines. After your registration, you will be asked to upload a copy of your vaccination card.