Annual Fund campaigns are the lifeblood of any non-profit organization. 
Jacksonville Symphony is no different. 

Concert ticket sales account for only 40% of the Jacksonville Symphony’s annual revenue. Philanthropy makes up the other 60%.

The average purchase price of a Jacksonville Symphony ticket is $40.  If we had to charge the full price to cover all of the costs of running the Jacksonville Symphony, producing concerts of the highest artistic quality and providing music education programming to over 70,000 area students annually, we would have to charge $100 per ticket.

But, an important element of the Jacksonville Symphony’s mission is community engagement and educational outreach so we are committed to keeping prices at a level that everyone can afford.  To fill the gap between our ticket prices and what it costs, we fill out foundation and government grant applications, find corporate sponsors, request in-kind support and solicit contributions from individuals.

If you’ve noticed the cello thermometer in our lobby, you will recall that our 2017-18 Annual Fund goal is $4.8 million to raise by June 30, 2018 (the end of our fiscal year). 

Florida Blue has graciously offered a Matching Grant to help the Jacksonville Symphony increase its number of donors as well as its contributed income—matching all new or increased gifts, up to $100,000, received between now and December 31, 2017.  Each year, over 2,000 donors contribute from $1 to $100,000—every gift is instrumental! 

Please do your part to help balance our budget so we can continue to provide education and community engagement programs:

  • Become a member.
  • Join the Conductor’s Club to help us and enhance your concert-going experience.
  • Make it a duet–submit your employer’s employee matching gift form to double your gift.