Jacksonville Symphony Civic Orchestra
Time to oil those rusty valves, rosin the bow and dust off the old horn. The Jacksonville Symphony invites YOU to join them in this one-in-a-lifetime opportunity to perform onstage at Jacoby Symphony Hall under the direction of the Jacksonville Symphony conductors and alongside some of your favorite Jacksonville Symphony musicians.
Now in its third year and expanding to two weeks in the 2017-2018 season by popular demand, the Jacksonville Symphony Civic Orchestra unites community musicians and orchestra musicians in a side by side concert. Participants receive rehearsals, sectionals and additional opportunities to learn and engage all year long.
Rehearsals: October 3-8, 2017
Concert: Sunday, October 8, 2017 at 5pm
Registration Week / Both Sessions
July 5 – August 15, 2017
Rehearsals: March 6-11, 2018
Concert: Sunday, March 11, 2018 at 5pm
Registration Week / Spring Session
November 1, 2017 – December 15, 2017
Register to participate in one or both sessions!
- Registration does not guarantee a spot in the Jacksonville Symphony Civic Orchestra. Acceptance is limited to space, available on a first-come, first-served basis. If not accepted, registration fees will be returned.
- The Jacksonville Symphony reserves the right to photograph, record, use, and copy all Jacksonville Symphony activities for educational, archival, and/or promotional purposes.
- The Jacksonville Symphony does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, color or national or ethnic origin, parental or marital status, and age or disability in the selection of participants.
- Email will be the primary form of communication.
- Notification of acceptance will be announced on or after August 29 (Fall Session), and January 29 (Spring Session).
- No audition necessary.
- Registrants must be age 21 or older.
- Registrants must be able to read music and play a standard orchestra instrument.
- A non-refundable participation fee of $50 (one session) or $90 (both sessions) must be submitted with registration. The fee must accompany the registration in order to remain eligible.
- No late registrations will be accepted.
- Participants must guarantee availability for the specified dates in the event they are chosen for the Jacksonville Symphony Civic Orchestra.
- Participation requires regular and punctual attendance at all rehearsals, absence at any required events may result in immediate dismissal from the program.