Jacksonville Symphony Civic Orchestra
The Jacksonville Symphony invites you to play with the pros! Mingle with the musicians backstage at Jacoby Symphony Hall, see your name on the official orchestra roster, play in rehearsals, and perform a concert with the full Jacksonville Symphony. Gonzalo Farias conducts an exciting program of music including La Forza del Destino Overture by Verdi and Dvořák's Symphony No. 8.
Now in its fifth year, the Jacksonville Symphony Civic Orchestra offers amateur instrumentalists—everyone from college students to retirees—the exciting opportunity to perform side-by-side with the superbly talented musicians of the Jacksonville Symphony.
Don’t miss your chance to shine on the Jacoby Symphony Hall stage!
- Registration does not guarantee a spot in the Jacksonville Symphony Civic Orchestra. Acceptance is limited to space, available on a first-come, first-served basis. If not accepted, registration fees will be returned.
- The Jacksonville Symphony reserves the right to photograph, record, use, and copy all Jacksonville Symphony activities for educational, archival, and/or promotional purposes.
- The Jacksonville Symphony does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, color or national or ethnic origin, parental or marital status, and age or disability in the selection of participants.
- Email will be the primary form of communication.
- No audition necessary.
- Registrants must be age 18 or older.
- Registrants must be able to read music and play a standard orchestra instrument.
- A non-refundable participation fee of $65 will be submitted with registration. The fee must accompany the registration in order to remain eligible.
- No late registrations will be accepted.
- Participants must guarantee availability for the specified dates in the event they are chosen for the Jacksonville Symphony Civic Orchestra.
- Participation requires regular and punctual attendance at all rehearsals, absence at any required events may result in immediate dismissal from the program.